Instructions before surgery:
- Three weeks before the procedure you should not take vitamin E or any other vitamin pills.
- One week before the procedure, do not take aspirin or any non-steroidal medication
- One week before the procedure, do not drink alcohol .
- If you ‘re a smoker, try to reduce the number of cigarettes smoked to no more than 5 per day two weeks prior to surgery.
- If you are taking any other medication prescribed by a cardiologist or psychiatrist must consult the attending physician prior to admitting to surgery .
- Patients over 45 years of age the cardiac REVIEW is recommended before surgery.
- All patients are recommended taking Minoxidil lasting 2-10 days prior to surgery to improve circulation in accepting region. This is to avoid possible shock caused hair loss immediately after the procedure.
- Two days prior to surgery to stop taking Minoxidil . Taking may continue 14 days after surgery.
- Patients who choose to have surgery have to eat breakfast in the morning, but should not eat eggs and milk
After the surgery instructions:
- After the procedure, eat light food.
- 7 days after the procedure, do not consume alcohol and/or cigarettes.
- Do not take Aspirin or any other medication based on Aspirin.
- Prescribed medications are to be taken at exact time, as directed.
- Do not scrape the scalp to avoid possible transmission of infection from the nails of the fingers on the giving or receiving region.
- Do not wear hats.
- If you are prescribed cortisone after the surgery that prevents swelling of eyes and forehead, do not salt food for 5 days.
- Avoid though exercices up to three weeks after the treatment.
- Avoid sleeping on the receiving region. Sleep on the side, od on your back, not on the stomach.
- Do not expose your head to strong sunlight for at least 3 weeks after surgery, and up to 2 months after surgery protect your head with hats or caps because of possible sunshine burns to both regions .
- Spray the receiving region with saline every 2 hours after the procedure on the day of surgery , and two days after the surgery.
Hair washing instructions:
Chemical agents such as hair sprays, gels, hair paints ARE NOT TO BE USED for one month!
First and Second day after the surgery:
Wash the giving region ( the area from which the hair is taken ) only with baby shampoo gently. Rinse once in warm water .
Third to fifteenth day after the surgery:
- Wash entire head with baby shampoo twice a day.
- Wash progressively stronger as the days go by.
- Wash only with the palms of your hands during first four days, then use fingers but never fingernails.
- Start using Minoxidil 14 days after the surgery.
- Start using ALOE VERA GEL just on receiving region radi to improve healing.
Fifteen days up to 2 months:
- Wash once a day whole head with the baby shampoo.
After two months:
- You can wash your head with any product you chose.
Shot notes for first 12 months after the surgery
- Patients after surgery go with minimal band. Receiving region is not covered , or only minimally , which enables faster drying and healing.
- The operator will give you instructions on how to care for your scalp.
- You’ll also get recommendations for medications.
- Implanted grafts are gently held in place by fibrin ( a natural ” glue” of the human body ) for 2-3 days after the procedure.
- Grafts become fully secure the eighth day after surgery
- Giving the region usually heal within the first two weeks
- Normal life activities can be carried out between 7-10 days after surgery.
- Hair that is transplanted usually drop between two and six weeks after the procedure. The patient may look like it looked before the procedure , but it should not be discouraged and worried..
- For most patients, the hair begins to rise between the third and fourth month after transplantation..
- After eight months, most patients can see the full result of the surgery.
- After a year 90% growth of hair is achived.